CALL FOR SALE PRICE!
Sizes: 3’x 5′ & 4’x 8′
GoBoard® Waterproof Tile Installation Materials
The GoBoard Installation Instructions / Technical Data Sheet approves two material
types for joints and fastener locations sealing in order to achieve a waterproof tile
installation: polyurethane sealant/caulk (in tube); and, 2″ wide polymer-coated alkaliresistant fiber glass mesh tape and mortar coated with a liquid waterproofing
GoBoard customers have requested assistance in selecting these two materials. While
Johns Manville does not recommend the use of specific brands, the following are of the
proper material types and tested to comply with ANSI 118.10.
Polyurethane and MS Polymer Sealants/Caulks:
• GoBoard Sealant is the preferred sealant and adhesive for all GoBoard products
− OSI QuadMax Window, Door & Siding Sealant (Model #1868684, 1893977)
− LOCTITE PL S10 Polyurethane Concrete Crack & Masonry Sealant (Model #1618522,
− LOCTITE PL S40 Polyurethane Window, Door and Siding Sealant (Model # 1618516,
• Liquid Nails Fuze-It (Model #LN-2000)
• QUIKRETE Polyurethane Non-Sag Sealant (Model #866011, 862017)
− DynaFlex 800 (Model #80800)
− DAP 3.0 (Model #18360)
• SikaBond Construction Adhesive (Model #106403)
• Rapid Set Non-Sag Sealant (Model #196330010)
Other polyurethane and MS polymer caulks will also work well. However, please note
that we do not recommend the use of self-leveling, latex or silicone based sealants.
Liquid Waterproofing Membranes:
• MAPEI- Mapelastic AquaDefense Waterproofing and Crack-Isolation Membrane
• TEC – Waterproof & Crack Prevention Membrane
• Custom Building Products – RedGard Waterproofing and Crack Prevention Membrane
GB-011 9/17 © 2017 Johns Manville. All Rights Reserved.
• KBRS – Shower Seal Seamless Liner
• Laticrete – Hydro Ban